Beavercreek’s firefighters are out for more blood than its police, and that is a good thing.
For the the second year, Beavercreek Twp. Fire Department bested Beavercreek police in Battle of the Badges.
Peace Lutheran Church sponsored the Community Blood Center blood drive Monday.
Participants cast secret ballots to support either police or fire department.
The blood center says 101 people registered to donate. Firefighters received 52 votes while police nabbed just 33 for police.
The community was the real winner.
The Community Blood Center received 87 donations.
Here is what you need to know to donate to the Community Blood Center:
• Donors are required to provide a photo ID that includes their full name. Past CBC donors are also asked to bring their CBC donor ID card.
• Donors must be at least 16 years of age. A parental consent form for those ages 16 and 17 can be found at www.givingblood.org or at CBC branch & blood drive locations.
• Donors must weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good physical health.
• The FDA changes blood donor eligibility guidelines periodically. Individuals with eligibility questions can email email@example.com or call 1 (800) 388-GIVE.
• Donors can make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com.